Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great mjw364 2016-09-18 6:54

Hello John

Great portrait from the street. This could be a still taken directly from a Red Riding Hood horror film. She certainly looks the part and the look on her face contradicts the notion of Riding Hood as victim. Here she looks like she could be a vampire.

Well captured.

Have a good day.

Cheers

Mike

Old 09-18-2016, 03:13 PM
TE Expert

Default To mjw364: Red Riding Hood.......

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your kind words!

Somehow the street entertainers in Edinburgh weren't quite so numerous or varied as they had been in previous years - but maybe that was because I went a bit too late during the Festival season this time.

I really wish I'd got an even closer shot of this girl but I guess this one's O.K.

Not sure if you're a fan of Roald Dahl or not (I love his stuff) but this little poem really tickled me! Just one of his "Revolting Rhymes" based on well known nursery rhymes. Brilliant!

Cheers,

John.
Old 09-18-2016, 06:06 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi John

I read James and the Giant Peach at school and it was one of my faves. I like the poem - very funny.

Interestingly I went to Barter Books in Alnwick - have you ever been? It's a fantastic place with a giant train set running overhead as you browse. I came away with a Roger McGough book of poems and book about Dali. Both surreal in their own way.

Here's a short ditty from McGough:

'I concur with everything you say,' smile William.

'Oh yes, I concur with that, I agree.'

'If that's the general feeling you can count on me. Can't say fairer.'

Good Old William, the Concurrer.