Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great jcpix 2013-08-26 16:15

Hi Franz,

I would have never guessed this to be Turkey!? This is really neat, it looks to be more of a futuristic city, something that I would expect to see in a movie. From this vantage point, and wide open view, it actually appears like a miniature set...I'm quite fascinated with this shot. You've helped open up the mind here, showing something different from a country much more associated with its ancient roots.

This is one of the reasons I enjoy this site, getting to see and learn about new things and places not before known or understood. Glad the rooftop has this kind of access, you've provided a fantastic view over the city and skyline. Looks like some harsh light coming in from the right, a bit over exposed there...but you also don't want the rest of the frame on the left to be too dark...all in all, it's still a nice balance. Have a good day ahead.

All the best,

Jason

Old 08-27-2013, 09:44 AM
TE Newbie

Default To jcpix: Hi

Hi Jason,

you are right, the light was almost coming directly from the side.

I think the best time to take a shot there would be in the morning, which i didn't think of. I was there only once and it was in the afternoon. From there also the Image "Three istanbulers" with the three Drinks was done. At the time of the shot, it were unfortunately already a few too many Drinks... :-)

Cheers, F.