Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great macjake 2013-08-16 20:33

Hi Franz
very interesting note about the city of Porto. I had no idea about the lighting conditions, I wonder why that happens most mornings with the fog
I'll have to remember that when I visit there in the next couple of years.
as for the photo, its excellent. love this point of view over the river with the expanse of the bridge deck and its reflections.

I wonder what the lighting is like in the evening??
great shot
cheers
craig

Old 08-17-2013, 10:21 AM
TE Newbie

Default To macjake: think of San Francisco

Hi Craig,

the climate of Porto is very similar to that of northern california. Predominantly western winds, moist, hitting the cold atlantic ocean (17 C) near the coast, creating fog. It doesn't happen all days, but very often. When the air temperature rises, the fog dissolves. If you travel Inland, you can see this effect immediately, because there it is warmer, there won't be any clouds, just blue sky from mai to September.

The cold atlantic also creates a mild climate there, 15 C in winter, 25 C in summer, and always windy. Except for the higher rainfalls in the winter, the climate has a striking similarity to San Francisco: If you consider the geographical Position of the two west coast cities, it is no wonder.

The evening light is nice, although it may become cloudy as well, because the temperature Drops. Unfortunately most buildings face the east, so in the evening you will have to shoot against the sun.

Thanks for comment, regards, F.