Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Great batalay 2009-12-02 17:16

Hello John,

This image captures serenity in its broadest sense. In panoramic format it is especially effective. I have wondered how the large version form of an image is posted?

Warm regards,

Bulent

Old 12-03-2009, 02:42 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To batalay: large post

How to post a a large image .. if my memory holds ..

I don't think this works in the beta.trekearth.com anymore so you actually have to be in the real site ..

In your account under the photos tab find "Manage Photos"

Find the offending image

If the image has a size ratio for a panoramic (8 x 3 or less) you should see an option for Large Post under the Options (with edit, re-post etc.)

Once you click on that you will see the requirements in terms of size for a large post .. personally I make the short side 800 pixels .. I think you can have a quality up to 400 KB ... but in your whole TE account you can have no more than 20 MB of large posts ..

How to post a a large image .. if my memory holds .. I hope this helps ..

I don't think this works in the beta.trekearth.com anymore so you actually have to be in the real site ..

In your account under the photos tab find "Manage Photos"

Find the offending image

If the image has a size ratio for a panoramic (8 x 3 or less) you should see an option for Large Post under the Options (with edit, re-post etc.)

Once you click on that you will see the requirements in terms of size for a large post .. personally I make the short side 800 pixels .. I think you can have a quality up to 400 KB ... but in your whole TE account you can have no more than 20 MB of large posts ..

hope you are successful with it .. I am sure you will be .. and am looking forward to it
Old 12-03-2009, 02:14 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: To batalay: large post

Many thanks, John, for taking the time to write this note.

Bulent