Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

trekks 2009-06-04 23:59

hi Daniel

I hardly believe myself to see that this post has 683 views but no single point?

Although I have just run of of smiley points, I still would like to give a critique to this one, because honestly I cannot find a flaw in this shot. Ok, maybe except if there is a tilt of the horizon line but I am not sure if that is the horizon because to me it may be just the diagonal composition and optical effect.

The light is superb, especially tint of color in upper and lower part of sky. I like your placement of this tree, very delightful shape, like dancing and bending backward.

The 3 concrete cones, well done.

tfs, bill

p/s of course the fact that I lived 9 yrs in Canada will give me more interest to check out photos from that region. Especially things that have skipped my attention, and I can tell there are many such things.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:29 PM
TE Newbie

Default To trekks: First comment after almost 700 viewings!

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your comment, the first after almost 700 viewings. I enjoyed taking photos on the site of the old mine. The landscape was somewhat weird and the light at sunset was truly magical.

As you noticed, the horizon in that area is not a perfect “horizontal”. If you look on the left side, it is fairly flat. In the middle, it is much lower, and from there, it goes back up.

I really appreciated your input. Merci.

Daniel