Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 05:26 PM
TE Expert

Default Re: A REFERENDUM !

YES or NO would be more than enough, Dan.

It's a survey... Nothing more than a survey...
If the only good reason you specified in your note for the new version - is the opportunity for the owners to make more money - then, you should mark the survey NO...

It's simply mathematics, nothing more.

So... What is it ?

Thanks, pal
g
Old 06-02-2009, 05:43 PM
TE Junior Member

Geez, for someone who posed a "simple" question in such a complex way, you're sure fussy about wanting a simple answer!

So... No. I would not go back - partly because it ain't gonna happen. I've designed my own website and I can tell how much work went into this one; TE is not going to throw all that effort away.

And while I'm sure money was part of the motive - not that I am begrudging them the chance to make some - I think aesthetics was also a factor; the old site, while comfortable, looked, well, old. (Not that I'm that taken with the new site and its coffee color, but I am - slowly - getting used to it.)

As for your insistence that it is "simply mathematics," I would remind you of Albert Einstein's observation that "Insofar as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain. And insofar as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."

Cheers,
Dan
Old 06-02-2009, 06:01 PM
TE Expert

That Albert E. dude (?)

Is he voting NO or YES...?

Mathematics, Dan... Simple mathematics...

Logic is needed when using remote control of your TV set. Not on TE.
Don't forget, Dan.
We have several hundreds certified moose nuts (a.k.a. camera owners) on our hands, running wild and spreading their green monkies like if there was no tomorrow ?

Try to talk logics with them !

YES or NO ?

Old 06-02-2009, 06:04 PM
TE Junior Member

No.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
TE Senior Member

YES.

I did my best to get used to the new version. I had written to the admins when this new version was first announced, I wrote suggestions in the forums after it was launched. I know myself and that I'm not always eager to accept changes to something that was not totally broken down, so I deliberately made myself use the new version, browse it, simply try to get used to it. I have even posted photos using the new version and written some critiques, lol :) I guess I can claim I made a serious attempt to get used to the new version, to give it a real chance to work.

the result is dissapointing - it doesn't work for me, I have not gotten used to it, even after several weeks of conscious efforts. I don't mind browsing the new version, but I have noticed that if I want do do something, like write or post, I switch to old version, because doing something in new version makes me tired, makes me feel as if I'm struggling, which is just plain wrong. the old version works like a relief after I've struggled for a while. I want it back.

K.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:08 PM
TE Expert

YES
Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 PM
TE Senior Member

Hi, Kristine...

I, too, have tried. It feels like the difference in staying in a familiar and well loved (if somewhat dated) Bed and Breakfast and then suddenly being moved to a glass and chrome, ultra-modern, busy, unfamiliar hotel. I just can't seem to get used to it or have the same feeling about it anymore. It bites.

Shelly
Old 06-02-2009, 11:43 PM
TE Senior Member

nej nej
Old 06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
TE Junior Member

YES!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:28 PM
TE Newbie

Yes. And thank you very much for this opportunity to have a referendum.

Otik
Closed Thread