Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 PM
TE Newbie

Default To windosil: USM

Hi Winifred,
Firstly let me say many thanks for all your kind and constructive critiques/comments. (I've had a quick look at your excellent gallery and web site and commend you on your work, I particularly like the shots of Magilligan and their warmth, I have spent many a July up at Benone and they bring the memories back)
As for this workshop, you have worked wonders and got an excellent result from my poor shot, I have never used the USM (Un-Sharp Mask) or even heard of it prior to reading your critique, however I'm glad that I did as I have spent some time reading up on it and the proven benefits of restoring acutance.
At the time I took the shot the wind chill factor was severe and I basically pointed the camera,clicked the shutter and ran back to the car, a poor excuse for a bad shot but the truth, not many photo opportunities in winter! so I posted it regardless and finally you have shown me how to improve this bad shot
Once again thanks for the workshop and subsequent lesson on USM.
Regards,
Trev.