Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums >

Notices

Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 AM
TE Junior Member

Default which one is better?Nikon D80 or Canon 450D

Hi members..I want buy a DSLR,can you suggest me which one is better?Nikon D80 or Canon 450D....
Old 04-05-2009, 11:39 AM
TE Expert

Default Re: which one is better?Nikon D80 or Canon 450D

NO! I wont get ma-self into trooooouble just by answering dis question becoz there are too many C^n^n owners out there! When you are outnumbered, you know what you should not do :))))

But I think D90 will do better! For a few pocket full of more pebbles.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:43 AM

Assuming the specification of either fulfils your requirements the final choice needs to be made on the basis of handling. Try them both in the shop, checking how it sits in your hands, how easy the controls are to access and how good/bad the various menu systems are.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:55 AM
TE Junior Member

Hello Subir,

If you are planning to buy the Nikon D80, why don't you go for the Canon 40D, which is miles away better than the 450D and much better constructed than the D80?

Anyway, why not buy the still very very good canon 20D for a bargain (300 or less) and wait a little bit longer for the Canon 50D?

You will never notice the MP difference from the Nikon D80 or the Canon 40D to the Canon 20D (8,2 MP). And if you buy a low cost lens even if it is from Canon or Nikon, your shots quality will be poor in spite of the camera you might have. Save the money for the lens.

Regards

Nuno
Old 04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
TE Junior Member

hi..
acctually recently I am using Nikon D40x..but I am not satisfied with its performance..so I want to know from 450d or d80 user, about their experience..
Old 04-07-2009, 05:15 PM
TE Newbie

Hi!
I have used them both alot and if you look at the imagequality you wont se any diff but here are two important things I would consider....

1. Handeling: D80 is easier, you can reach many major controls just by using the buttons on the camera as on a Canon you need to enter menues to do the same. This is not good if you wanna work fast.

2. The lenses for Nikon is just cheaper then canon. Canon do make really good lenses and so do Nikon but you have to pay much more for great quality with Canon. Nikon hs really focused on good lenses for amateur-users.

SO, NIKON would be my easy choice.

/ K