The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Problem Uploading Photos (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855449)

staedtler 04-09-2011 04:56 PM

Problem Uploading Photos

...i uploaded only one photo but cannot update.

namlongnguyen 04-14-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staedtler (Post 1174715)
...i uploaded only one photo but cannot update.

I can't upload photo due to "problem copying photo" error as below... Please help ...

Manage

Overview
Photos
Critiques
Travelogues
Themes
Discussions

Manage: My Photos | Workshop Photos | Workshop Photos Received | My Travelogues | My Themes
Problem copying photo.

wedum22 04-20-2011 05:57 PM

Problem Uploading Photos

Hello,
I am unable to upload photos. I have tried several times and with different photos. I have also ensured that they meet all the specifications to be posted, size and genre. When I go to upload it I always get this note, Problem Copying Photo.
Thank You,
wedum22

sword22 04-20-2011 06:41 PM

Problem uploading photo

Hello everybody, I'm new to Trekearth, I'm having a problem uploading new photo. When I try to upload a new photo I get the following error: 'Problem copying photo'.
I'm quite sure the image respect the limits (size etc).
Could someone help me to unserstand what's wrong?

Thanks

Keitht 04-20-2011 08:00 PM

Is that all the message says?

Are you sure that the image complies with all requirements? Under 300kb. No more than 800 pixels on the longest edge and no less than 250 on the shortest. JPG file type.

sword22 04-20-2011 08:25 PM

yes, it is.

I have just tried with an image, here below the image properties:

size: 256 kb
longest edge: 800 pixels
short edge: 600 pixels
file type: jpg

It shuold be ok ..... or I miss something!?

Thanks for your assistance.

wedum22 04-20-2011 08:57 PM

Problem Copying Photo

Hello,
I am unable to upload photos. I have tried several times and with different photos. I have also ensured that they meet all the specifications to be posted, size and genre. When I go to upload it I always get this note, Problem Copying Photo.
Thank You,
wedum22

Keitht 04-20-2011 09:24 PM

When I replied to your query earlier I hadn't noticed somebody else reporting exactly the same problem. Possibly a system bug so I've moved this thread to the forum the tech team normally monitor most.

sword22 04-21-2011 08:26 AM

Thank you Keith, I'll wait that someone from Tech team give me a feedback.

exxexeex 04-27-2011 02:19 AM

hi, i am new here and i have same problem at my first photo :)

risblis 04-27-2011 10:57 PM

problem copying photo

hello, same here. I tried few times with different pictures. please help!:confused:

SanjaK 04-29-2011 06:01 PM

Hi,
I have the same problem. I did make sure that photos I tried to upload comply with all rules. I resized photos to a different sizes, but nothing helped :(

Chrizzie 05-04-2011 07:33 PM

I've the same problem too :(

IBobi 05-04-2011 07:39 PM

Hi everyone.

I will raise the issue with the tech team and see what they say.

Paul

SakuraCiel 05-07-2011 09:17 AM

I have the same problem too. I've tried yesterday and today and it always says "problem copying photo" and I have stuck to the guidelines.

macondo 05-10-2011 12:17 PM

Michael, has this problem been resolved? I noticed you have not uploaded any photos, which may indicate you cannot overcome the problem.
Andrew

djole_ 05-12-2011 05:42 PM

Same problem here, I am trying to post my first one and I always get the "Problem copying photo." note :confused:

IBobi 05-12-2011 09:43 PM

Hello,

Is this problem still occurring for anyone? And have you tried using a different browser (Firefox, Chrome)?

Thank you,

Paul

djole_ 05-12-2011 10:39 PM

I am using Flock browser and I have the very same problem. I'll try some other browser and see if it works.

EDIT: just tried Firefox, same thing...

IBobi 05-12-2011 11:49 PM

I have brought this to the attention of the tech team.

djole_ 05-13-2011 12:02 AM

Thanks, I will retry next days and inform you if the problem remains.

rkh 05-13-2011 07:27 PM

Problem copying photo

I too am a new member unable to upload photos. I get the message "Problem copying photo." The image and its specifications are as follows:

Location of image: flashdrive at D:\DCIM\100KC195\VWCourtHouse.jpg
Height: 800 pixels
Width: 593 pixels
Bit depth: 24
Size: 168 Kb
Attributes: A

The original image, taken with a Kodak Easy Share C195, was modified with Photoshop version 4 running on a Windows 2000 computer.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a Sony Vaio computer.
My browser is Firefox version 3.6.6.
The image is accessible to other software, including Microsoft Paint and Windows Photo Viewer.

Thanks for your help.

djole_ 05-13-2011 11:40 PM

I tried uploading an image this evening with Flock, Firefox and Chrome and same thing is happening again... Problem Copying Photo

MRLUCA 05-14-2011 10:05 AM

Upload photos

Hi all,

my name is Luca, I am a new member here.
I'd like to ask you something regarding uploadind my photos on TE, the site doesn't allow me to do that and reply as follow:

PHOTO SIZE MUST BE NO MORE THAN 307200 BYTES.

I understand there is something I am doing wrong.....could anybody help me?

Thank you
Luca

feather 05-14-2011 06:58 PM

As well as re-sizing your photos to 800pixels on the longest side you must also compress your photo so that the overall size /weight of the image is less than 300kb. You can only do it by trial and error at the saving stage. If you are using Photoshop, usually a compression value of about 7 or 8 works, but it will depend on the amount of detail in your photo.
Hope this helps.
Kath

MRLUCA 05-15-2011 05:03 PM

Hi feather,

many thanks for your promp answer. I found you advice to be very helpful. But now another problem has come!!!
When I try to upload the re-sized photo, the system answer:Problem copying photo. What does it mean? What can I do? I hope you'll be able to help me again.

Thank you
MRLUCA

VoyageOfLife 05-15-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRLUCA (Post 1177853)
Hi feather,

many thanks for your promp answer. I found you advice to be very helpful. But now another problem has come!!!
When I try to upload the re-sized photo, the system answer:Problem copying photo. What does it mean? What can I do? I hope you'll be able to help me again.

Thank you
MRLUCA

I also have the same issue. My picture conforms to the standards mentioned in the site but still it wouldn't upload. The error I am getting is 'Problem Copying photo'. Can someone or the admin help with this?

AlperAkman 05-15-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sword22 (Post 1175685)
Hello everybody, I'm new to Trekearth, I'm having a problem uploading new photo. When I try to upload a new photo I get the following error: 'Problem copying photo'.
I'm quite sure the image respect the limits (size etc).
Could someone help me to unserstand what's wrong?

Thanks

Hello;
I've the same problem too

ravinmb 05-16-2011 10:24 AM

Me too and have been trying since few weeks.. have read all the guidelines and my picture seems to have no fault.. dont know why? would appreciate if anyone could help us out..

feather 05-16-2011 03:56 PM

I just checked the support forum http://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16 and it seems that lots of people are having the same problem. Admin have reported it to the Tech team. If you add a comment on one of the threads there it might help to stir them up a bit.
Kath

MRLUCA 05-16-2011 04:41 PM

Cannot upload photos

I have the same problem too!!! Is anybody trying to fix it?

Thanks

MRLUCA 05-16-2011 04:50 PM

Cannot upload photos

Hi all,

I am new here, I am unable to upload photos on TE. I think is a bug because many other Members are experiencing that.
Is anybody trying to fix it?

Please give us the chance to show our photos to the community all soon!!!!

Many thanks

ravinmb 05-17-2011 08:38 AM

Problems uploading pictures

Hi TE / members,

What does "Problem Copying Photo" mean? As I am a new user & trying to upload a picture filling up every data required & complying with all photo & other rules.. but still the message appears after pressing the update button. This seems to be most of the new members problem. Could you please help us out with this issue?

Thanks & regards,
Ravin

chanteuse 05-17-2011 06:06 PM

problem copying photo

I use Firefox, have resized, but still have this issue. when I press the back button after the "problem copying photo" message appears, and attempt to copy photo again, I get message "your photo is being uploaded, thanks for your patience." not feeling very patient! :confused:

chanteuse 05-17-2011 06:11 PM

me too

same issue...very frustrating! :(

chanteuse 05-17-2011 06:14 PM

I'm writing notes of more than 40 characters...

but I still get the "problem copying photo" message.
I've checked all the other possible problem areas.
:confused:

IBobi 05-17-2011 07:15 PM

Yes, the tech team is working on this. I will keep you updated.

Paul

ib-dick 05-17-2011 11:10 PM

For those who can't upload images

Hi everyone,
I'm here to fix the issues with the image upload. Could you please upload your pictures on other server, and place a link on this thread so we can try to find out what is wrong with the upload process?
Thank you

Just for you to know, we have now identified the source of the problem with the image upload process. We are now working on a fix for this. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

djole_ 05-19-2011 06:53 PM

I am still having this issue, is anyone going to fix this or should I quit before I even started?

IBobi 05-19-2011 10:27 PM

Hi again,

See this thread:

http://www.trekearth.com/forums/show...=855451&page=3

Tech has been alerted, responded, and is investigating a solution.

Paul