The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback and Support (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Critique Replies Alert (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803889)

xuaxo 02-23-2010 05:55 PM

Settings, no notifications

Quote:

Originally Posted by anshulyadav1206 (Post 1108938)
Some of you who choose instant notification email or daily email or weekly email but are still not getting notification because you are not subscribed to that thread. If you start new thread or reply to existing thread after doing these settings you get subscribed automatically to those threads (...)

Dear administrators,
Please, let me put this clear.
First, which thread are you talking about? Any thread, in these non-photo forums, I suppose.
Second, I did such settings, I get some notificiations from this and General forum threads, but I still have the original problem: before this change, I used to receive email notifications with the title "Your TrekEarth Daily Critique Replies Alert", when somebody replied to my critiques. And I used to receive also emails with the title "TrekEarth Forum Alert", when there were replies in discussions on photo critiques. Of course you know what I mean.
Now, I get none of those email notifications. :(

anshulyadav1206 02-23-2010 06:01 PM

Hey did you followed all the steps for setting notification. Select Instant messaging option and don't forget to subscribe to the thread. As you wont be getting notification till you are unsubscribed...

Docarmo 02-23-2010 07:43 PM

2 systems

Hello,
I think I understand what Francisco (xuaxo) is saying. It seems that there is a problem in alerts for the replies to critiques (in the section of pictures). This one of the forum is working well. I'm not receiving alerts for replies to my CRITIQUES TO PHOTOS.
IMPORTANT, please: when we write a CRITIQUE TO A PHOTO, there is no option to subscribe. Only when we reply to a critique or to a reply... at this moment, the system of subscribing starts working (for this one who subscribes, not for the one who wrote the critique)... we enter in the forum system only when we reply. It doesn't work for the first action.
Of course, we select Instant messaging option and we subscribe to the thread, WHEN THERE IS THIS OPTION, which is not the case when we WRiTE A CRITIQUE TO A PHOTO.
Docarmo

phwall 02-23-2010 09:04 PM

Still no Replies to Photo critiques

Dear anshulyadav1206,
I'm not sure I understand your reply regarding "subscribing to a thread". However, both Docarmo and Xuaxo have succinctly described the correct problem. Yes, I am getting alerts regarding notifications to a thread on the Forum but I am still not getting email alerts advising me that I have a "reply to a written photo critique". As stated before, the only way I can see a reply is to go to "critiques written" and look for the "+" sign next to the critique I've written.
Thank you for your assistance, it would be good to have this facility up and running again as it is this interaction between members that is so important to the TE site.
Regards
Peter

xuaxo 02-23-2010 09:15 PM

The problem is *Critique* Replies Alert

Quote:

Originally Posted by anshulyadav1206 (Post 1109064)
Hey did you followed all the steps for setting notification. Select Instant messaging option and don't forget to subscribe to the thread. As you wont be getting notification till you are unsubscribed...

Dear Anshul,
The problem is not the threads.
I'm afraid I didn't make me understood. (My mother language is Portuguese, not English.) Let me try again, like Docarmo did, in other words:
1. I did all the steps for setting notification.
2. I subscribe the threads of this and other forums.
3. I get notifications of those threads.
4. I do not get notifications when somebody reply to my critiques. That happened before, by emails with the subject / title "Your TrekEarth Daily Critique Replies Alert". No such email notification now. That's why this discussion subject is "Critique Replies Alert", since 01-28-2010.
Is this new situation a bug or a new feature?

IBsteph 02-23-2010 09:31 PM

Thanks everyone, we understand . Tech is working on it.
Thank you for your patience.

anshulyadav1206 03-04-2010 10:53 PM

Its working now..

xuaxo 03-05-2010 09:53 AM

waiting

Quote:

Originally Posted by anshulyadav1206 (Post 1110905)
Its working now..

I critiqued this photo http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo1184663.htm yesterday at 14:15 PST (22:15 GMT).
You wrote "It's working" at 14:53 PST (22:53 GMT).
Docarmo replied at 19:43 PST (03:43 GMT, today in GMT).
I'm still waiting for alerts today at 01:50 PST (09:50 GMT).

Docarmo 03-05-2010 02:24 PM

To whom it may concern

To whom it may concern,
When we write a CRITIQUE TO A PHOTO, there is no option to subscribe. Only when we reply to a critique or to a reply... at this moment, the system of subscribing starts working (for this one who subscribes, not for the one who wrote the critique)... we enter in the forum system only when we reply. It doesn't work for the first action, i.e., for the person who write the critique to a photo.
We had the option to choose Receive an email whenever someone replies to your critique. in the "Alerts profile" of the public profile (mine is chosen), but it doesn't work anymore.

For the succeeding replies, it works (I chose the subscribing system, instant message).

IT SEEMS THAT THERE ARE TWO SYSTEMS NOT LINKED TO EACH OTHER.

Thanks for trying to fix what we are trying to explain :o
Docarmo

Docarmo 03-05-2010 03:09 PM

suggestion

I have a suggestion to the administrator -anshulyadav1206. Please, write a critique to one of my pictures, as if you were a simple member, just to see what is happening. I will reply your critique and you will not receive any alert for my reply. Just to test ;).
Thanks in advance,