The TrekEarth Forums

The TrekEarth Forums (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Image removal and review - the process (https://www.trekearth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845048)

Porteplume 11-21-2012 06:13 PM

I just checked the [email protected] mail account, nothing wrong there...

Please try again as notified "Connection timed out" could mean there was a connection fault.

Amicalement - Viviane

jlbrthnn 11-22-2012 08:50 PM

'Inactivated photos' again

MESSAGE RECEIVED FROM MODEARTORS NOVEMBER 20TH, 2012:
Dear joel,
Moderator TrekEarth [Moderator] has sent you a message titled, 'Inactivated photos'.
Please reply to their email at: [email protected]
etc etc...

AFTER RESPONSE TO [email protected] NOVEMBER 21ST, 2012 19:19,

HERE THE MESSAGE RECEIVED NOVEMBER 22ST, 2012 19:49

Undelivered Mail returned to Sender
This is the mail system at host smtpfb2-g21.free.fr.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.
The mail system
<[email protected]
This is the mail system at host smtpfb2-g21.free.fr.
I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.
For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.
If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.
The mail system
<[email protected]>: connect to www.trekearth.com[98.158.194.23]:25:
Connection timed out

Reporting-MTA: dns; smtpfb2-g21.free.fr
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 9F70DCA89E6
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [email protected]
Arrival-Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:09:43 +0100 (CET)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Original-Recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; connect to www.trekearth.com[98.158.194.23]:25:
Connection timed out

Porteplume 11-22-2012 08:55 PM

Hi Joël,

Why this message again?
You got our message and explanations about the removing and we got your answer.

Regards,

Mod Team - Viviane

jlbrthnn 11-22-2012 09:04 PM

...suite

Suite au premier échec d'envoi le 20/11, j'ai renvoyé deux fois la réponse le 21/11
Un autre échec et une réussite donc.

Porteplume 11-22-2012 09:10 PM

Hi Joël,

It looks handy if I quote Keith again about the way images are removed and how the review requests are read and discussed by the whole Mod team...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keitht (Post 1162113)

If the mod is pretty certain the TOS have been broken then the image will be immediately deactivated and an e-mail sent to the member. In many instances the mod will have concerns but not be certain and then will post a link to the image in the Moderators Area of the forum and ask for other opinions. Depending on the outcome of the discussion the image may or may not be removed. Again, if it is removed an e-mail is sent to the member.

All members have the right to request a review of the image removal and to provide reasons they believe the image should be reinstated. All such review requests are discussed by the mods. It must be accepted that this can take some time, possibly even a number of days, as the mods are all volunteers and only have limited time to visit the site.

Once a final decision has been made, the member will be notified of the decision and, generally no further discussion will be entered into on the subject.

Porteplume 11-23-2012 07:53 AM

Hi Joël,

We are very sorry if you have problems with contacting us.

If you still have difficulties to contact the Moderator's mail account, please use the contact button on the Intro page of Keith - http://www.trekearth.com/members/Keitht/ - Andrew - http://www.trekearth.com/members/macondo/ - or me - http://www.trekearth.com/members/Porteplume/

Kind regards,

Viviane

elip021 05-02-2013 08:18 AM

hi
In the past , it was a tradition to post "wishes" pictures at the end of the year . Without strong rules about the notes .
Have the rules really changed ? Or are the mderators more severe ?
If you want that all the members leave the boat , this is the best way to succeed in it ...

Nevertheless , Happy New Year to every body .

elip021 05-05-2013 08:14 AM

Hello ,

In the past , it was a tradition to post "wishes" pictures at the end of the year . Without strong rules about the notes .
Have the rules really changed ? Or are the mderators more severe ?
If you want that all the members leave the boat , this is the best way to succeed in it ...

Nevertheless , Happy New Year to every body .

Porteplume 05-05-2013 08:27 AM

Hi Elip021,
What are you looking for on this forum, creating a duplicate thread?

ChrisJ 05-16-2013 06:18 AM

Image deletion

I, too have had an image removed in the past 24 hours and there is NO email in my hotmail account with any explanation. Nor within my spam filter. This is both extremely rude and inflammatory. I have also contacted TWO moderators, and again, no reply or response whatsoever.

This type of capricious &/or automated moderating is totally unacceptable.

photoray 10-27-2014 03:16 PM

Image Removal

A few years back, a TE member started encouraging others to leave TE because of image removal. He stated it was unfair, etc. He mounted a propaganda campaign against TrekEarth for removing photographs of flower closeups.
As a result a small group left TE in protest.
What I found to be very interesting, is the instigator of the anti TE propaganda had created his own internet photography posting website, plus it requires an annual membership fee.

No one is perfect, but I at least appreciate TE is free....

Sincerely,
Photoray (Ray Anderson)

ChrisJ 04-19-2015 03:14 PM

Easter in Breclav

Hi Keith

I had an image removed a few hours ago and have not received any email advice nor is there any spam or junk mail it might have slipped through.

I sent Vivian an email requesting reinstatement of the image as it discusses the custom of men and boys whipping women and girls last Easter Monday and receiving gifts from them. I had never heard of this practice before so it is certainly NOT common. How is this not learning about our world? Most of the accompanying note was in my own words, not a cut and paste from Wikipedia like this:

"In the Czech Republic and Slovakia, a tradition of spanking or whipping is carried out on Easter Monday. In the morning, men spank women with a special handmade whip called a pomlázka (in Czech) or korbáč (in Slovak), in eastern regions of former Czechoslovakia Moravia and Slovakia they also throw cold water on them. The pomlázka/korbáč consists of eight, twelve or even twenty-four withies (willow rods), is usually from half a meter to two meters long and decorated with coloured ribbons at the end. The spanking may be painful, but it's not intended to cause suffering. A legend says that women should be spanked with a whip in order to keep their health, beauty and fertility during the whole next year.

An additional purpose can be for men to exhibit their attraction to women; unvisited women can even feel offended. Traditionally, the spanked woman gives a coloured egg (kraslica) prepared by themselves, invites to eat and drink as a sign of her thanks to the man. If the visitor is a small boy, he is usually provided with sweets, and a small amount of money."

Energysavingelk 07-13-2015 06:01 PM

Political censorship at TE?

The day before yesterday, TE friend Erhan Eken (erhan1958) of Ankara, Turkey, posted an image of the Srebrenica memorial and graveyard in commemoration of the 20th anniversary of the Srebrenica massacre, Bosnia. Both image and commentary were definitely free of hatred or aversion against any nation. I took the freedom to write a decent critique. Ten minutes later, Erhan's photo had been removed.
The Srebrenica massacre of July 11th, 1995, was classified as an attempt of genocide by the United Nations, and several responsible people have been sentenced by the International Court of Justice at The Hague, Netherlands. This shows that there cannot be any discussion on this event. If is is in accordance with TE rules to post images of the Nazi extermination camp at Oswiecim, Poland - which has been done - it is also legal to remind of other genocide events.
Erhan Eken has asssured me that he did not remove his photo, and he feels angry about what has happened.
As for myself, I classify this as an act of political censorship which should not have happened.

Regards from Germany
Sven-Erich Czernik (Energysavingelk)

Porteplume 07-13-2015 07:28 PM

Hi Sven-Erich,

Absolutely no political act here...
I have checked the latest deactivated photos and found Erhan's one. I think the deactivation is due to the "missing title" - all the photos without a proper title or note are removed but I think Erhan has got a mail mentioning the reason of removing - Missing Title - and he can send a Review Request and give a title to his photo. As soon as we get this I'll re activate the photo and add a proper title...

Friendly greeting,

Viviane

rochoa 12-15-2015 12:06 AM

Hi this is just a test, please ignore

Hi sorry for this comment 'This is a test', just "ignore please"

:D

keshavn 12-02-2016 06:21 PM

Removing of photos.

One of my photos of flowers have been removed for the second and third time. I cant really understand why. Is anybody offended by this photo ??
Now I have to decide if I should remove the rest of the photos too and erease my profile.

Keshav Nrugham :mad:

macondo 12-02-2016 10:35 PM

Hello Keshavn

About your photo of lilies -

You could read the Terms of Service, which you can find here:
http://www.trekearth.com/terms.php

You will see that the TOS includes the following point:

As the purpose of TrekEarth is to learn about the world through photography...
shots of common objects (like closeups of any flowers or plants, water droplets, toothbrushes etc.) tend not teach us anything without a suitable note, so unless there's a suitable note they will be deactivated at the discretion of site moderators. If you wish to post these types of image please consider using our sister site TrekLens.

Your photo is considered to be a close-up of flowers without a suitable note. That is why it has been removed.

I hope that explains things to you.

Regards,
Andrew
TE Moderator

keshavn 12-16-2016 03:25 PM

Removed photo

One of my photos Water lily was remooved 2 december. I sendt comments 3 times but nothing is happening. And I am not posting anymore before I get an answer.
Keshav :mad::mad: :mad: :mad:

macondo 12-17-2016 12:07 AM

Hello Keshav.

I have already explained the reason for the removal of your water lily photo - read my comment above yours.

We don't allow close-ups of flowers unless they have informative notes about the flowers or their surroundings. Your note said: My second water lily photo from Chinmaya ashram in Kerala.
That is not an informative note.

Please read the Terms of Service carefully.

Regards,
Andrew (Moderator)

jmdias 02-26-2017 09:38 AM

removals

Few days ago I had an image removed from my gallery, it was a view of greek ruins. the image disappeared and I didn't received any information about. at same time some notes I wrote and even titles and names of towns are disappearing from my page. what is occurring?

take care

Jorge

Porteplume 02-26-2017 02:11 PM

Hello Jorge,

It sounds more like a bug than like moderation work... I will try to investigate this.

* Was it older or recent photos?
* Can you please give me the name of the disappearing location/cityname?

Thank you,
Viviane

jmdias 03-05-2017 01:10 PM

names of towns

Hello:

I guess it was three recent images named: Maringá airport, Japan is here and other named cine opera. I am not so sure because I fixed the names and notes after.
thank you for attention.

hugs

jorge

Porteplume 03-05-2017 01:16 PM

Thanks Jorge but I would be helpen if you gave me the name of the location, I mean the place where the pictures were taken. :)
Then I would be able to check and explain to the tech...

Amicalement,
Viviane

jmdias 03-06-2017 01:56 PM

titles

hello:

the name of the towns are apucarana and Maringa.

hugs

jorge

Porteplume 03-06-2017 07:56 PM

Hi Jorge,

I don't understand... I have checked all your photos from the last 30 days and I couldn't find any mistakes in titles or notes. Also there is one photo posted every day, so no one is missing.

Explain where I should have a look...

Viviane

jmdias 03-12-2017 04:38 PM

problem

hello

I had fixed the titles and the notes, in that images maybe it was only that ones that was with the problem and maybe it is because this you can't find nothing wrong at this moment.
anyway thank you for your attention, if will occur some trouble I will ask help for you.

hugs

jorge

Porteplume 03-12-2017 07:42 PM

I would be glad to help you at anytime, Jorge and I hope problems won't appeal anymore... :)

Amicalement,
Viviane

jmdias 01-10-2019 01:24 PM

rejected photos

I would post some images of a trekking I did, showing a region near mine.
after my last image being removed I selected and put out of my future postings two more images, because I am trying to avoid them being removed. During these last years I am avoiding to post wild flowers, because they are considerate subjects like roses.
One of the images of my new future series shows a dog sleeping in a street with a hen beside it. the other shows a huge table-display of grapes in a public hall with grapes of a grape festival. --- I guess the image of the dog would be removed because it would be considerate like " my pet" and the big table with an artistic display of grapes would be considerate like a "like studio or a common subject" . In my opinion these two images talks about the place I was wanting to show.
in my opinion the system should to alert the member about the "error about posting an image" sending only a message to him/her and not removing the image, in the next days, if the member had intentions of posting images with the same error then the image would be removed..

take care

jorge