This is a very low resolution image of Plate 12 from my book, "Math and the Mona Lisa." The matrix of nine iconic portraits appeared on the front page of New York Times when Christopher Tyler made the announcement of the discovery of his centerline principle. I the right column are seen the Mona Lisa, a Rembrandt self-portrait, and Picasso's portrait of Dora Maar. In the larger image below, is Jamie Wyeth's portrait of John Kennedy. He has place his subject off the limelight, sequestered in his own thoughts. The line through his left eye is 1:1.618 in the proportions of the frame.
Nobody has marked this workshop as useful.
- Copyright: pascale goswami (patdeph) (35748)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 1995-08-00
- Categories: Decisive Moment
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Edited by: Bulent Atalay (batalay) (34693)
- Edited Image Upload Date: 2010-03-12 11:03
- Date Submitted: 2008-01-21 3:55