Charminar (meaning "four towers" = minarets) was built in 1591. The purpose of this building is unclear, but it is generally accepted (according to Wikipedia) that it was meant to commemorate the eradication of plague. The construction of Charminar also coincided with the beginning of the second Islamic millennium.
Nobody has marked this workshop as useful.
- Copyright: Gert Holmertz (holmertz) (36989)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 1987-10-00
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation, Architecture
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Edited by: Gert Holmertz (holmertz) (36989)
- Edited Image Upload Date: 2014-05-11 9:18
- Date Submitted: 2014-05-11 9:12