Staničenje, Crkva Sv. Nikole (danas Sv. Petke)
Church of St. Petka in Staničenje (ex St Nicolas)
Church of St. Petka in Staničenje is the oldest church in Pirot district, Serbia, which was known in the middle age as a church of St. Nikola. In 1967. church becomes a monument of culture of exceptional Importance in Serbia. It is located near Pirot, about 10 kilometers west at the foot of Belava Mountain. It was built on an elevated plateau above the river coast of Nišava, near Staničenje village and confluence of Temštica (see map). Although, its located near main road from Sofia to Niš, church in Staničenje has remained unknown for a long period of time to the scientific community. In the fresco epitaph located on the west wall above the entrance, was noted that Arsenije, Jefimija, Konstantin and some other members, whose names were erasted during the time, constructed and painted the church between 1331 and 1332. at the time of Bulgarian Emperor Jovan Asen and Vidin master Balaur. A narthex with an open wooden porch was added in the 19th century.
More about church Here
The fresco showing the founders - see WS!