Using "Adjust levels" in FastStone, I saw that the histogram – the graph on the right which shows the spread of pixels from the darkest to the lightest – showed that the image was not using the full range available, so that the picture was a bit flat.
Moving the left and right [black and white] sliders to meet the ends of the curve each side improves the impact. The central slider can be moved to darken or lighten the whole picture if necessary.
- Copyright: Miles Geldart (milesyg) (26)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-08-02
- Categories: Nature
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Edited by: Peter Geldart (graffer) (1800)
- Edited Image Upload Date: 2011-08-21 9:08
- Date Submitted: 2011-08-21 3:55