Room 27 is called the Odysseus Room, after a mosaic from Dougga of which four fragments have been preserved; one of them shows Odysseus tied to the mast as he listens to the Sirens (third century).
A mosaic from El Djem depicts the musical contest between Apollo and the satyr Marsyas (second century), another the "Triumph of Venus" (Kasserine, third century).
Nobody has marked this workshop as useful.
- Copyright: George Rumpler (Budapestman) (82620)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-07-09
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture, Artwork
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Edited by: George Rumpler (Budapestman) (82620)
- Edited Image Upload Date: 2009-11-05 0:30
- Date Submitted: 2009-11-05 0:29