Miracle with the bomb
In 1942 during World War II, the church took a direct hit from a German bomb while more than 300 people were congregated inside for Mass. The bomb pierced the dome and fell to the ground with a bounce, but failed to explode. The army took the bomb outside and diffused it, and no one was hurt. The event has become legendary, with many regarding it as a miracle.
Nobody has marked this workshop as useful.
- Copyright: George Rumpler (Budapestman) (82620)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-03-20
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture, Artwork
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Edited by: George Rumpler (Budapestman) (82620)
- Edited Image Upload Date: 2009-01-30 0:33
- Date Submitted: 2009-01-30 0:31