Photographer's Note

ENGLISH: This is the Commissariat on Maria Island off the south-east coast of Tasmania. The Commissariat is the oldest building on the Island, having been built in 1828. It peformed the function of being a provisions store during the Island's days as a penal colony. It was the scene of many violent altercations and robberies. In 1837 its use changed to a wool magazine and stable before being changed back again during the second convict era. Today it is the information office for tourists embarking from the quay.

Canon 5D
ISO 1600 (by accident)
45mm using 24-105mm
Pattern metering

Photo Information
Viewed: 1764
Points: 40
Additional Photos by Lisa DP (delpeoples) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 5370 W: 368 N: 11451] (56004)
View More Pictures