Then British aircrafts appeared here and dropped bombs.
Only bell-tower (147 metres ahigh) remained.
I'm sure there was strong reasons to believe that this church is an impotrant military object.
It was called Nikolaikirche.
Critiques | Translate
ChrisJ (99180) 2008-03-17 4:15
I believe the attack on Hamburg was payback for the German attack on Coventry & the London Blitz. However, I'd agree that 2 wrongs don't make a right. I also went to Hiroshima & Nagasaki in 2006, & was appalled at just how indiscriminate the damage & destruction were. Even Elementary Schools, trees & animals were not spared.
Thankyou for this poignant reminder, of the stupidity of war.
- Copyright: Igor Igor (smartcat) (835)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-07-26
- Categories: Architecture, Artwork, Ruins
- Camera: Canon Powershot S3 IS
- Exposure: f/4, 1/640 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-03-17 2:32