This is Sapanca [sa-PUN-dzha] lake. It is in the excessively industrialized North West part of Turkey. It is surrounded by a trainway on the south and a highway on the north. The lake provides drinking water for the Sakarya province, though polluted...
Here are the lake's problems:
* Waste water from settlement areas and commercial facilities such as motels, restaurants, petrol stations etc.
* Pollution coming from streams
* Waste waters from industrial facilities around the lake
* Agricultural pollution (pesticides, fertilizers)
* Land based pollution sources such as highways and roads passing along the north and south shores of the lake.
* Erosion problems caused by decline of forests
* Pollution from fish farms along the streams
* Motor boats on the lake
* Waste from factories surrounding the catchment area of Lake Sapanca are a possible danger to the water quality.
Ten Tips for protecting Water Resourses (http://www.oceanconservancy.org/site/News2?news_iv_ctrl=-1&page=NewsArticle&id=9767 link not available any more)
About the picture itself: was taken early in the morning from a fast moving train. Colours were adjusted in my favourite tool shadow/highlight in ACDSee 8 Pro.
I don't exactly remember whether I was still in Sakarya or had already entered Kocaeli…
Critiques | Translate
Silvio1953 (146725) 2007-06-22 5:59
Merhaba Ilgiz, great view splendid lake with wonderful delicate colors, very well done, ciao Silvio
paololg (31448) 2007-10-22 14:04
very nice sunset with a delicate reflection of the sky on the lake. Let me a little WS. Tell me what you think about it.
- Copyright: Ilgiz Galeev (ilghiz) (708)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-06-04
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon PowerShot A430
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Date Submitted: 2007-06-18 21:11