Afghanistan and Pakistan by Jonathan Wilson (9373) 2005-08-13 - 2005-09-06
A fascinating trip starting in Pakistan and crossing the Khyber Pass to Kabul. Then across the centre of the country to Herat and a loop back via Mazar-e-Sharif.
On the way we met friendly people, saw beautiful scenery and visited historic cities.
Please read the story for further information. ... (full story) (71 photos)
After the Hurricane by Jonathan Wilson (9373) 2004-10-09 - 2004-10-11
These pictures were taken in Grenada one month after the passing of Hurricane Ivan. I was in two minds about whether or not to visit the island. Would people welcome me or would they think I had come to stare at their misfortune? I'm pleased to say that everyone was happy to see me, even if they were a little surprised.
I won't write too much here as each picture has extensive notes. I hope you like what I have written. Apologies that the pictures are not as good as some of the others I have posted but in this travelogue the notes are more important. (4 photos)
- Azulejos in Portugal and former colonies (41 photos)
- Canals and rivers in Europe (100 photos)
- Daniel's Favorites Feb 27, 2008 (17 photos)
- Your Favorites of mine (1) (100 photos)
- Sunset silhouettes (76 photos)
- The Magic of Lanterns (10 photos)
- Rio Paraguay (17 photos)
- My favorite Spot (8 photos)
- Flowers (15 photos)