The Café Tortoni is a coffeehouse located at 825 Avenida de Mayo in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Inaugurated in 1858 by a French immigrant whose surname was Touan, it was named Tortoni after the Parisian café of the same name located on Boulevard des Italiens (where the elite of the Parissiense culture gathered in the 19th century). The café itself was Inspired by Fin de siècle coffee houses. Café Tortoni was selected by UCityGuides as one of the ten most beautiful cafes in the world.
The images in this theme were all taken on the same day. July 4th 2013. This theme will grow as I add images. The theme will take some time to complete because I will only be posting from time to time.
- Twins? [Part XXI] (97 photos)
- Abu Simbel (11 photos)
- Windows and architectural details 3 (93 photos)
- _Fotos adicionadas por 5 ou mais membros (68 photos)
- Enez-Vran / Ile-du-Corbeau / Crow Island (7 photos)
- Sea and Vessel (78 photos)
- Birds II (95 photos)
- Red Mountains of Afghanistan (6 photos)
- Mégalithes (8 photos)