A city of palaces, a city of political meetings and slogans, a city orginally set up by Bengalis but now more of a cosmopolitan nature, a city of immense sentiment and passion - a city I was born and want die.
Kumortuli is a traditionally potters’ quarter in northern Kolkata, the capital of the east Indian state of West Bengal. By virtue of their artistic productions these potters have moved from obscurity to prominence. This Kolkata neighbourhood, not only supplies clay idols of Hindu gods and goddesses to barowari pujas in Kolkata and its neighbourhoods, but a number of idols are exported.
- CINQUE TERRE, THE ITALIAN RIVIERA (10 photos)
- The Old Villages In Iran,"Djavaaher Deh" (17 photos)
- Underwater Photography (100 photos)
- Corsica (5 photos)
- Desert Portfolio (25 photos)
- Traditional costumes of America. (12 photos)
- Centuri (22 photos)
- La Haute-Vallée de la Bruche (70 photos)
- Vive la Sieste / Viva la Siesta (34 photos)