mimi (2325) 2004-02-18 21:17:33I wanted to minimize the impact of the wall and window in the background. While there are probably more sophisticated ways to do it, I just cropped, auto-adjusted everything, increased the contrast, and added a frame. I hope you like it.
CVTJan (1244) 2004-02-13 01:58:42Hi Danny, I cropped a little of top and bottom to get a more panoramic view. Then I ran autocolours and -contrast in PS6. As I felt that the picture is a little overexposed I tried with contrast masking as explained here. I think it improved the picture a little, hope you do too :)
khamoon (162) 2004-01-10 14:50:59Hi Danny,
I just wanted to "play" with your pic without particular goal -- here is the result, and what I've done. I worked separately on the sky and the statue.
1. contrast +10
In Color balance tool :
2. Mid tones : -30 blue, +15 red
3. Dark tones : -30 blue
4. Light tones : +5 blue
5. Brightness -20
6. Contrast +10
7. saturation on blues +15
Color balance :
8. Mid tones : +40 blue
9. dark tones : +20 blue
Yeah I played a lot with PS sliders. :p
What do you think about this version ? Useful or not ? :)
Thanks for all you HK pics.
tdanny (663) 2004-01-08 19:14:37Thanks Derek (quegardens) for the name of the species, yes it's some kinda Anthurium species.
Lotsa debate on the DOF and actually there 2 version I took. The original with focused on the 'stem' and this workshop version focused on the background leaves. The 'stem' is actually quite long hence my highlight instead of the normal leaves at the background. Anyway, now you have both to compare and for yr pleasure !
RandomCameraGuy (3069) 2003-12-24 16:24:46Thanks for enabling the WS Danny.
I did this last night and on looking at it again I think I went a little overboard on the blur, but as I've already collapsed the file... ahh well.
Here's what I did. I wanted to make the yin-yang symbol stand out more so I:
- made a copy layer which I saturated (+40), blurred +4 (I think I should have only done +2), opacity set to 50%
- on the original layer I increased contrast drastically with curves so that the colour is virtually gone
Hmmm.... I liked it yesterday, but I'm not so sure now.... Anyways you get the idea!
whereami (1477) 2003-11-21 02:15:50I'm not sure if this really makes that much of a difference. I cropped the sky to focus more attention on the lights. I increased contrast and gamma, but decreased brightness. I also sharpened it a little. What do you think?
- Sleepers (76 photos)
- Flores de Portugal (10 photos)
- Colors of Asia (74 photos)
- Agam, ses fontaines, ses bātiments, son salon (28 photos)
- Athens Zoological Park - Greece (16 photos)
- Melbourne from the Rialto Tower (34 photos)
- All Saints Cemeteries Pol Ukr Hung Lithuania (98 photos)
- 2 photos vertical stitched (40 photos)
- Ghost Machines (18 photos)