- With a 20 year old experience in the entire Himalayan belt in Ecotourism Initiatives, one is the founder member Sunshine Himalayan Adventures a responsible tourism company operating in the Himalayas, which opened in 1996. The company specializes in personalized small group adventure travel all over the Himalayas especially national parks and is the official tour operator for the Great Himalayan National Park.
After a Masters of Philosophy in Ecotourism and a Masters Degree in Tourism Administration one has specialized in developing community based sustainable ecotourism around remote Himalayan valleys especially the buffer zones of national parks and wild life sanctuaries. My work area has been Nubra and Markha Valley in Ladakh (1994-1996), Pin Valley National Park/ Spiti and Kinnaur (1996-1999) and the Great Himalayan National Park (2000 onward). I have also worked in Nepal (Annapurna Area) and in Sikkim (Kanchenjunga National Park) as an ecotourism consultant and practitioner promoting sustainable community based tourism initiatives, doing carry capacity and value chain analysis for a range of community ecotourism areas.
One has taught ecotourism for over 12 years in the Government Degree College at Kullu and has been invited to various universities all around India to speak on ecotourism.
Currently working as Ecotourism Marketing Consultant with SBFP , Sikkim a JICA funded Project and an ecotourism planner with ADB funded IDIPT in Himachal and Utterakhand working on ecotourism policy development , product and human resource development in remote Himalayan valleys giving marketing linkages to responsible community based ecotourism initiatives.
Specialties: Ecotourism Practitioner & Academician
- Member Since
Pentax Optio S4i
Silver Note Writer
Map of Photographed Countries
- 2012-08-07 uploaded a photo
- 2011-01-22 uploaded a photo
- 2011-01-19 uploaded a photo
- 2009-02-09 uploaded a photo