Lucie CzNLUkKw Contact
- Photography is great self learning process that has no borders and that is what I like about it the most. It should be far more than the simple act of recording a lasting memory. In a way, it is about tempting our imagination to create an outer image. In essence, it is an art form and a way of expression. The wilderness is the perfect palate from which to draw inspiration with its ever-changing array of natural colours, textures, shape and life.
Travel on the other hand allows us to discover new places with new atmospheres, smells, tastes & sounds and never the less it allows us to meet other people with different lives, opinions, experiences or customs, just to let us realise that nothing is just black and white, that there might be visible or hidden reason for everything people do and just because we don't understand something today it doesn't mean we won't understand it tomorrow.
... and here comes TE - combination of both... great way to get inspired, not only with new places to visit, but also new ways to look at them.
While regularly checking new photos at this web I started to ask myself one question:
- Why does this photo gets so much attention and this is being left out? ... and what did I found out so far:
- Sometimes it is visible at the first sight, picture is simply not strong enough - bad light, bad composition, too much information etc.
- Sometimes it is bigger popularity of some members which get more attention. More due to their long time presence on TE than real quality of their posted work.
- However in general I found out that what counts the most - is the emotional appeal of the photograph itself. TE members are very demanding and they do not accept just pretty picture of a pretty place. It needs to have some 3rd dimension that comes together with pretty photo. It is the light and atmosphere that counts the most. Photograph needs to contain clear message of what we want to say. It should not have too much information so the viewer get to know what are we trying to say.
I'm currently active on Flickr, if you wish to see more of my work visit my Flickr account.
- Member Since
- Canon 350D Digital Rebel XT, Canon 400D Digital Rebel XTi, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Minolta Dimage 7i, Nikon D 70, Pentax K20D