lewiz (1297) 2007-09-04 09:14:27Hello!
I saw this and knew it could work in black and white.
Here's a crop that I then converted with the channel mixer.
Just a case of adjusting the channels until you get a nice result.
As this is a very quick WS, there is lots of nasty stuff along the region where the trees join the sky -- with more time and care (and a higher resolution original) this can be avoided.
Hope you like it :)
lewiz (1297) 2007-09-03 10:03:04Hi Alex,
This was a workshop that I did very quickly... obviously given a little more time, and working from a higher resolution image, we could achieve a lot more.
I converted to black and white using the channel mixer to pick the most contrasty colours.
I then adjusted the colour curves to really darken the mountain further.
Final step was to use the dodge/burn tool to pick out the snow detail in the mountain and in the background interest.
Unfortunately the person at the top suffered in my quick edit... but as I mentioned earlier, with an original high-res image, a bit more time and care and this could be done pretty nicely :)
lewiz (1297) 2007-08-28 10:11:54Hi Daniel,
As requested here is a very quick workshop where I have increased the luminosity of the man's face and arm using the dodge/burn tool in Photoshop.
I used a feathered brush and 20% opacity to quickly lighten up his face. It seems that he was partly in shadow and this just helps reduce the contrast of the scene.
Thanks a lot :)
lewiz (1297) 2007-06-21 13:46:26Bump up of contrast and very quick (read: bad) burning (or dodging?) of the hills to bring back some detail
I actually went a bit far here... lots of detail has been lost, which can easily be preserved by taking more time/care over the job :)
lewiz (1297) 2007-06-13 18:28:19Many people suggested increasing the contrast, so here is a version with bumped contrast.
I'm in two minds about it... in some ways I do prefer it, but in others I liked the subtlety of the original...
lewiz (1297) 2006-04-26 22:18:21- cropped away nasty old frame
- cloned out CCD dirt
- cloned out fisherman in distance and wood to the right (also some stuff to the left)
- increased contrast by adjusting curves
- dodged lady
- increased yellow channel saturation (for her dress)
- marginally increased saturation of all colours for water
- added nicer border
I hope you like the changes :)
- SBB Gotthardbahn railway line (8 photos)
- Paris by night (32 photos)
- Maisons à Colombage (87 photos)
- Arches (18 photos)
- Ninal's fav + (100-200) (79 photos)
- Yours favorite photo of mine (27 photos)
- Long exposure (53 photos)
- Cops looking straight at the camera (18 photos)
- ** Noborder's favourite India photos (III) (36 photos)