bakes888 (18499) 2008-06-08 02:35:29In Paint Shop Pro and I guess in Photoshop also is a chanel spitting tool which splits the image into its three colour chanels. I used the red chanel and discarded the other two. Straightened the horizon. Removed noise. Tweaked curves and framed. Hope you like it. Cheers. Paul.
Matthew-Watt (6037) 2008-01-12 02:30:49Just a few touch ups – again, nothing wrong with this photo, I just like to add a few features with a bit of experimentation. I hope you like it. The following guide is the process of which I altered the photo:
1. Smooth filter in Neat Image to remove any residual noise (not that this was a problem, I just liked the softer look).
2. In tone map, I increased ‘highlight’ levels by 10+
3. In tone map, I decreased ‘shadow’ by 4-
4. Added about +5 saturation
5. Added +3 contrast (to boost the white beach strip)
6. Added simple white shadow frame in Adobe Photoshop frame wizard
7. Increased blue hue tone by 1+
8. Resized image to 800pix
9. slight sharpen to counteract resizing softness
Hope it is not too gaudy for your tastes! Looks like a remarkable place to have called home!