Kath Featherstone Contact
- United Kingdom
Added 23rd January 2010
Taking a long break for travel and then lots of photos to edit!
I've been a member of Trekearth for a while now. Like many people the digital revolution started me off taking photography more seriously. I started with a little Canon Ixus, graduated to a Nikon D70, then a D200 and now use a Nikon D300.
Many photos in my gallery are from my own area which has many beautiful places worth visiting. I love travelling, but photos from earlier places I have visited are only snaps and not worth sharing. I try to live my life according to Mark Twain's words "Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you do"
Another quotation I find apt is attributed to St Augustine. You've probably heard it before. "The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page"
I try as far as possible to post photos that fulfil TE's main objective of "learning about the world through photography". Whilst I try hard to post photos of a quality that is the best of my ability, sometimes I may post a lesser photograph if it illustrates a "story" I want to tell, or a point I want to make. I don't think this site is just here to showcase one's best work.
Please check out my website:
http://kathfeatherstone.turnpiece.net/ I would love for you to sign the guestbook.
I have uploaded a lot more images to my website. This link will take you to the Latest Uploads page where you will find directions to the new galleries.
I uploaded some more images to my website. The easiest way to see the new images is click onto the 'Latest' page and follow the links.
Thanks to John Munro for my profile photo, taken at Buffalo Bill's grave outside Denver
Trips in 2007:-
Two Days in the Lake District
Greek Islands of Tinos and Andros
Two Days in Northumberland
A Short Break in Prague
Autumn Visit to Scotland
Trips in 2008
Tanzanian Safaris & Zanzibar R&R
USA (Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado)
Trips in 2009
Isle of Skye, Scottish Highlands
Lake District Again
Isle of Skye in Autumn
I own the copyright to all my photos. Use of any of my photos in any form is forbidden without my written permission.
- Member Since
- Canon Ixus 500, Nikon D200, Nikon D300, NikonD70
Map of Photographed Countries
|Photo Location Information|
|Costa Rica||36||view photos||view map|
|Croatia||19||view photos||view map|
|Czech Republic||10||view photos||view map|
|France||18||view photos||view map|
|Greece||12||view photos||view map|
|Italy||32||view photos||view map|
|Laos||66||view photos||view map|
|Peru||1||view photos||view map|
|Tanzania||34||view photos||view map|
|Thailand||10||view photos||view map|
|United Kingdom||395||view photos||view map|
|United States||91||view photos||view map|
|All Countries||724||view photos|
- 2013-05-29 wrote a critique
- 2012-03-13 wrote a forum message
- 2011-01-10 wrote a forum message
- 2010-11-27 wrote a forum message
- 2010-01-28 wrote a forum message
- 2010-01-26 wrote a critique
- 2010-01-26 uploaded a workshop
- 2010-01-25 wrote a critique
- 2010-01-24 wrote a critique
- 2010-01-24 wrote a forum message
- More favorites since 2005-10-17
- Favourites - 2 since 2005-08-11
- Kerala since 2006-11-23
- I want to meet II since 2007-12-01
- vasilpro favorites (group III) since 2009-02-28
- segunda lista since 2007-05-14
- Favoris 3 since 2007-03-29
- Fotografi in Sardegna since 2008-09-05
- Friends of Zeca - 3 since 2009-02-03
- Watch since 2008-12-04
- trekks3 since 2008-09-01
- Frequently Visit -AllyTheanlyn since 2009-04-02
- Amigos de Bluejeans II since 2009-05-18
- Gli Amici di Francio #2 since 2010-05-30
- Subhendu's Favourites since 2010-08-01