delpeoples (50695) 2014-01-13 19:39:57Ciao caro Giovanni
Sorry I have no smilies left, so will return when I am sufficiently re-endowed ;) But couldn't resist doing a WS, where I've merely cropped it to have the boats in the far left corner, this providing an anchor for the rest of the image. Had to re-size also as this infernal new dimension thing doesn't allow 1200px
Hope you like.
delpeoples (50695) 2013-12-15 23:36:07Ciao Noel
I had a quick play with this. I should have been a little more careful as you can see a slight halo on the horizon and around the er.. standing stone. Anyway, this is what I think I did:
1. Created Background Layer
2. Selected everything but the sky
3. Refined the Brush, mucked around with Feather and Smooth
4. In Levels I brightened everything.
5. This didn't seem to hit the mark so I Dodged the err... standing stone and surrounding tiles by 10%
6. I then did an Inverse Selection so that I could adjust the sky.
7. In Levels I darkened it a little and increased Luminance (I usually don't touch Saturation)
8. Hit Merge
Hope you like. I think a simpler way might just be to very carefully use the Dodge Brush (maybe at 10%) to just brighten the stone area. If it doesn't brighten it enough for your taste, you can go over it again with the Dodge Brush, as each time you go over it, it increases the brightness by another 10%.
Hope you don't mind.
delpeoples (50695) 2013-12-11 17:45:18Dear Krzysztof
Sorry if you already know how to do this, but this was a trick PHWall taught me ages ago and it's probably been the most helpful thing in my post processing that I learnt. In Photoshop:
1. Choose Rectangle selection tool on left
2. Click Select>All
3. Using the Rule Bar Tool, drag it down to the horizon
4. Right click Free Transform
5. Right click Warp
6. With your Cursor, drag the horizon up to the Ruler, and thus straightening it
I hope this helps, if not, I hope you don't mind.
delpeoples (50695) 2013-11-11 00:24:36Ciao Itchy Feet, in Photoshop I:
1. Cropped it so that the uneven edges where you straightened the image are no longer visible
2. Changed the White Balance.
Hope you like it.