bbarna (768) 2014-11-11 10:13:46Close-up of the middle panel on the east side of the building It is a memorial to the contributors of the creation of the Erie Canal, an important navigable water route from the Atlantic Ocean to Lake Erie at Buffalo.
bbarna (768) 2014-11-11 10:11:47Close-up of the statue 'Lincoln, the Emancipator'. It was unveiled in 1902 and placed inside the museum. It was moved to its present location at the the south portico steps in the 1930s.
bbarna (768) 2014-10-23 14:20:50I changed the colour balance of the picture. Thanks to Gert's comment I now realize that it is too blueish. Old slides tend to change the colour balance of the pictures, and I find it difficult to correct this. I think it is better this way.
- Statues and monuments (52 photos)
- ciel dans toute sa splendeur... (41 photos)
- How small we are... (11 photos)
- Northern Fortresses (100 photos)
- Phares (52 photos)
- My favorite photos (1) (Gatti Matti) (99 photos)
- Barcos (98 photos)
- Traditional Costumes of Africa . Kenya. Masaï. (99 photos)
- My 100+ (90 photos)