banyanman (7789) 2009-01-25 08:54:20This was the shot taken at 1/8th sec with minimal PP. Representing an 'average' exposure, the orange flare is a little washed out, and the stupas in the foreground are too dark to show much detail.
banyanman (7789) 2008-02-15 06:35:05This is the lanterns shot that I originally went to the temple to get. However, I didn't think it was good enough for a main post as the sky was overcast and didn't provide enough contrast. I will drop into the temple again this coming weekend, if the sky is clearer, and see if I can do better than this.
banyanman (7789) 2007-12-07 05:54:11A close-up view of one of the retaining walls. To bring these thousands of heavy basalt columns to the site was a remarkable feat – akin to the building of the pyramids in Eygpt. There is a local legend that the columns were flown to the site by a powerful magician!
- My photos from Alentejo (65 photos)
- Promenades pas trop loin de Liège (62 photos)
- World Salt Lakes (17 photos)
- People in the city (33 photos)
- Fall Colour Before 2k5 (21 photos)
- Greek Churches/Greek Orthodox religion II (12 photos)
- Eglises (48 photos)
- Pebbles streets (30 photos)
- Dancing trought South-East Asia (88 photos)