banyanman (7789) 2009-01-25 08:54:20This was the shot taken at 1/8th sec with minimal PP. Representing an 'average' exposure, the orange flare is a little washed out, and the stupas in the foreground are too dark to show much detail.
banyanman (7789) 2008-02-15 06:35:05This is the lanterns shot that I originally went to the temple to get. However, I didn't think it was good enough for a main post as the sky was overcast and didn't provide enough contrast. I will drop into the temple again this coming weekend, if the sky is clearer, and see if I can do better than this.
banyanman (7789) 2007-12-07 05:54:11A close-up view of one of the retaining walls. To bring these thousands of heavy basalt columns to the site was a remarkable feat – akin to the building of the pyramids in Eygpt. There is a local legend that the columns were flown to the site by a powerful magician!
- Tajmahal (25 photos)
- Champlain Valley Fair (10 photos)
- Lombra's Favorites 2 (58 photos)
- Nature of European part of Russia (45 photos)
- A day with Clio (44 photos)
- MACROS OF FLOWERS ........................ (37 photos)
- Homo mobilis (3 photos)
- Surf on the European Atlantic coast (5 photos)
- A glimpse of Sufi nights (8 photos)