banyanman (7789) 2007-08-04 18:55:15I normally carry a little Sony Cybershot in my pocket when I’m not carrying my main camera bag (all 10 kg of it!) so I was able to grab this lovely shot of kids playing in the street one morning when I was walking back from breakfast. If I’d had my Nikon with me and a polarising filter on the lens, this could have been a superb photograph.
banyanman (7789) 2007-07-17 08:12:26This is on the right hand side of the glacier terminal where the height of the ice is a little lower than on the left and centre. Here I estimated the height of the ice to be about 40 metres (or 130 ft). It really is hard to convey such a sense of scale without any other boats around.
- Magnificent architectural memories from Europe (69 photos)
- Strokkur (6 photos)
- Framed pictures (65 photos)
- Hamamatsu matsuri? (6 photos)
- NAPS AROUND THE WOLRD (27 photos)
- My favorites (18 photos)
- Group Shots (30 photos)
- Serbian ortodox churches and monasteries 3 (52 photos)
- Celtic Standing Stones, Dolmens, Ruins (99 photos)