abmdsudi (53615) 2016-05-01 01:20:40The black beach where sperm whale is slaughtered, and distributed along strict sharing rules to all members of the village; the family, the clan, the neighbours, the widows and people on the mountain. It is everything. To them, the whale is intrinsic to their culture, a gift of both their ancestors and their God. They are both Catholics and animist and say there is a consensus between higher forces to let them take sperm whales.
abmdsudi (53615) 2016-04-26 01:21:17This is only seen when your eyes adjust from the glare that you begin to visualise it: the white whale bones sun dried on the beach that look like science-fiction spare parts...
abmdsudi (53615) 2016-04-24 07:07:30The bow of 'Maria Ratu Damai'; Maria Goddess of Peace as if being watched closely, she certainly has cheerful tender looking 'eye-seeing-you' , but the ordeal at sea is another of her sad story....
abmdsudi (53615) 2016-04-24 07:06:55'Sang Mikael or St Michael' vividly painted with the prominent eyes for good luck, safe voyage and to ward off devils. Evidence of serious battles at sea is abound....
- Polish Castles and Palaces (27 photos)
- Argentina - BUENOS AIRES - Buenos Aires (DF) ! (42 photos)
- "INDIA photos that I'd like to remember (II) (94 photos)
- USA : Delicate Arche (20 photos)
- Vos favorites* (99 photos)
- Napoli, Neapel, Naples - (12 photos)
- Dan's Wildlife Shots (85 photos)
- All Saints Cemeteries I (97 photos)
- 'more photos that I'd like to remember (VII) (58 photos)