abmdsudi (53105) 2016-05-01 01:20:40The black beach where sperm whale is slaughtered, and distributed along strict sharing rules to all members of the village; the family, the clan, the neighbours, the widows and people on the mountain. It is everything. To them, the whale is intrinsic to their culture, a gift of both their ancestors and their God. They are both Catholics and animist and say there is a consensus between higher forces to let them take sperm whales.
abmdsudi (53105) 2016-04-26 01:21:17This is only seen when your eyes adjust from the glare that you begin to visualise it: the white whale bones sun dried on the beach that look like science-fiction spare parts...
abmdsudi (53105) 2016-04-24 07:07:30The bow of 'Maria Ratu Damai'; Maria Goddess of Peace as if being watched closely, she certainly has cheerful tender looking 'eye-seeing-you' , but the ordeal at sea is another of her sad story....
abmdsudi (53105) 2016-04-24 07:06:55'Sang Mikael or St Michael' vividly painted with the prominent eyes for good luck, safe voyage and to ward off devils. Evidence of serious battles at sea is abound....
- Collégiale de Neuchâtel (22 photos)
- JK Bridge. Night view and daily view (8 photos)
- Artistes de la rue / Street artists (74 photos)
- Places to go (12 photos)
- Clothes (15 photos)
- Islandic churches / Eglises d'Islande (48 photos)
- le miroir d'eau - Bordeaux (54 photos)
- Floors of the World (11 photos)
- DOGS IN&BETWEEN HISTORY (8 photos)