Alan_Kolnik (620) 2005-04-04 20:49:18This is the first time I've posted a workshop on my own picture, but would like feedback. This is the same picture, using a technique called "High Pass Sharpening" rather than USM to sharpen up the picture. I also adjusted the levels to brighten it, though that may be a mistake as it loses the dark, elegant feeling of the actual location, somewhat.
HPS is described at:
rage_tm (623) 2004-11-01 19:10:26used PS CS.
1. Cropped a little
2. Shadow higlight 20%
3. Created another layer and used masking to darken edges
4. Manually adjusted midtone levels to best contrast
5. Added Saturation a bit and UNSHARP MASK 15%
Alan_Kolnik (620) 2004-10-27 17:13:51After feedback requesting more sharpness in a couple of my postings, I thought I'd run a test by posting this picture again after resharpening it one more time once I reduce it to the size for posting here. Curious if the difference is apparent, and which version is preferable.
Proxilva (2157) 2004-09-24 17:17:21i cropped the photo...
then imade arough selection around the kids, the trumpet and the clarinet... inversed selection used feather with uuuh 55 or so and darkend it with levels then i made a selction just around the kids with feather 33 and then brightend it a bit with levels...
hope you like it
I think it's a very cool photo
mpb001 (4602) 2004-09-18 13:14:26This is a super shot, but I personally thought that it is a bit too red, so I used the color balance mode to slightly warm the image bt adding a little yellow, and cyan. I also gave the water a little exposure in curves. I sharpened slightly before reposting.
- Spirals (45 photos)
- CONSERVATORY OF FLOWERS, GOLDEN GATE PARK (5 photos)
- Lumières du soir - Evening Lights (12 photos)
- Police ! (60 photos)
- Waiting for Polonaise (40 photos)
- My favorite photos (16) (Gatti Matti) (96 photos)
- Rivers of Greece (25 photos)
- Brazil - ARACAJU - Sergipe ! (38 photos)
- Lonely Boats (51 photos)