Photos

Photographer's Note

Villa built by the Tiepolo, noble and powerful Venetian family that has given two doges, a patriarch, podestÓ, principles and queens to the Republic of Venice, now property of the family Passi, is a grandiose construction dates from a first years of 1600 with a beautiful garden enriched around of sculptural works in stone and a vast park everything. The manor house was once detached by the nearness, while it is not being anymore now it. The construction had a horizontal character, with the fašade interrupted by tall and tight windows, to the first floor. The addition of the skylight, disproportionate in comparison to the body, has interrupted the primitive proportion making to lose to the villa the character of linearity and compactness wanted by the unknown architect, worried about the insides to make with a pleasant distribution of the rooms comforting around the vast saloon, enriched by a notable cycle of frescos with pretenses architectures, precious plasters and mythological characters.
The villa is situated about 3 kilometers east of Treviso


Villa costruita dai Tiepolo, nobile e potente famiglia veneziana che alla Repubblica di Venezia ha dato due dogi, un patriarca, podestÓ, principi e regine, ora di proprietÓ della famiglia Passi, Ŕ una grandiosa costruzione risalente ai primi anni del 1600 con un bellissimo giardino arricchito di opere scultoree in pietra e un vasto parco tutto intorno. La casa patronale era un tempo staccata dalle adiacenze, mentre ora non lo Ŕ pi¨. La costruzione aveva un carattere orizzontale, con la facciata interrotta da finestre alte e strette, ad arco, al primo piano. L'aggiunta dell'abbaino, sproporzionato rispetto al corpo, ha interrotto la primitiva proporzione facendo perdere alla villa il carattere di linearitÓ e compattezza voluta dall'ignoto architetto, preoccupato di rendere confortevoli gli interni con una piacevole distribuzione delle stanze intorno al vasto salone, a sua volta arricchito da un notevole ciclo di affreschi con finte architetture, preziosi stucchi e personaggi mitologici.
La villa Ŕ situata a circa 3 chilometri a est di Treviso

Photo Information
Viewed: 4077
Points: 48
Discussions
Additional Photos by Paolo Luigi Germano (paololg) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 2801 W: 365 N: 6435] (31448)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH