Ironbridge - the world's first cast iron bridge, It is recognised as one of the great symbols of the Industrial Revolution and is a designated World Heritage site.
The bridge was built across the River Severn by Abraham Darby III in 1779, using iron cast from in local foundries.
Critiques | Translate
finlay (1547) 2008-06-30 14:16
I like the pov taking this shot from under the arch. B&W works well and gives strong definition to the steelwork.
- Copyright: Jean Coombes (JeannieC) (49)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2008-06-28
- Categories: Architecture
- Exposure: f/6.4, 1/750 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Theme(s): Steel truss bridges [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-06-30 13:11