Enterance of Falak-ol-aflak castle (Shapourkhast), Khoram Abad, Lorestan.
This is an enlarged copy from one of the most famous ancient bronze/admiralty-metal relices found in Lorestan and is kept in the castle's museum now and I guess it's an idol.
One of the valuable cultural and historical heritage of Iran is Lorestan admiralty- metal which is archaeologists discussion fact for years. Production of Lorestan admiralty- metal are blamed to Kassite, who lived at this area at 3000 BC. . Large number and different types of Lorestan admiralty- metal shows the vogue of metalworking at this erea, which the mine of copper and tinstone is one of the major couse of that. The diversity of these instruments are divided to 7 groups:
1. Horsemanship tools 2. Weaponry and arms 3. Agricultural instruments 4. Jewelry and decorative tools 5. Vowed instruments 6. Variety types of vessels 7. Statuette of birds and animals.
The designs and ornamentals of Lorestan admiralty- metal divided to 4 groups:
1. herb designs 2. beast designs 3. manlike designs
4. myth and fable designs
The most used designs are beast ones, the herb designs are rareness used and in most cases are combined with other designs. The manlike designs which are composed with myths and fables have been used on all fund tools. A large area of the National Museum of Iran is dedicated to the metal-works of Lorestan.
- Copyright: Akbar Shafiee (Leo71538) (553)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-04-17
- Categories: Artwork
- Camera: Cannon Powershot S2IS
- Exposure: f/4, 1/160 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Beauties of Lorestan
- Date Submitted: 2007-04-24 6:47