Apsara the dancer, in Hindu and Buddhist mythology, are the female spirits of the clouds and waters.
In the Rig-Veda there is one Apsara, wife of Gandharva; in the later scriptures there are many Apsaras, created by Lord Brahma, who act as the handmaidens of Indra or the celestial damsels of his court who dance before his throne ...
- Copyright: Atif Gulzar (gul791) (1220)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-12-21
- Categories: Castles, Architecture, Artwork, Ruins
- Camera: Canon PowerShot S1 IS
- Exposure: 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Apsara (The Dancer) [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-11-28 5:07