Ingenio is a village located in the eastern center of the island of Gran Canaria, is the oldest villages of the island, in the sixteenth century flourished as a center of sugar refining hence the name of the village is "Ingenio" which in Spanish means "Mils" due to old sugar mills of the village.
The town center is dominated by the La Candelaria Square, with a modern fountain in the center and framed by old houses with wooden balconies, provides a splendid backdrop to the Church of Nuestra Seņora de la Candelaria. This colonial-style church with two towers and a conspicuous white dome in the distance, houses the image of the patron saint of the archipelago to Our Lady of Candelaria.
Trip around the island of Gran Canaria in: http://youtu.be/3k-lrItL7kQ
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1199)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-06
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/950 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-01-03 1:47