Hemlock Bridge, built in 1857, is a 109 foot Paddleford truss strengthened with laminated wooden arches. The bridge was reinforced to carry local traffic in 1988. It is located three miles northwest of East Fryeburg over an old channel of the Saco River.
I was able to get in some great travel for about a week in between commitments in upstate New York and Michigan last month. A little too early for fall colors but spectacular nonetheless. It was nice to visit the states of Mass, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine which are normally a little out of the way for me in my travels but it worked out this time. Also made it into southern Ontario, Canada where I attended a Blue Jays - Yankees game in Toronto.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Gregory Wagner (fotoguy22) (4792)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-09-15
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Canon 1D MKII N, Canon 17-40mm F4 L USM, Compact Flash 4 GB, Circular polarising filter
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/60 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-20 15:45