Our host seemed disappointed that we spent more time walking around in the village than visiting Lamaria chapel above the village. Small churchs in Svaneti have been used as refuges for art works, when the lowlands were invaded by powerful neighbours.
Beyond is the Bezengi wall, natural barrier between Georgia and Russia.
- Copyright: Mm Gg (MG_foto) (104)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-08-00
- Camera: Leica V Lux1, Leica Vario Elmarit 7.4-88 mm f/2.8-3.7, 55mm Hoya Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/3.6, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-19 4:00