Emei Shan (a.k.a. Emeishan, Mt. O-mei or Mt. Emei), in Szechuan province, is one of the four Buddhist sacred mountains of China. At 3,099m, Mt. Emei is more than 1,000m higher than the other three Buddhist sacred mountains.
Mt. Emei has been designated a World Heritage Site thanks to its breathtaking scenery, mysterious natural wonders, and historical Buddhist sites. The full day's hike to the summit is an unforgettable experience undertaken by many, but minibuses and cable cars make faster alternatives for travelers short on time.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: amos na (anadai) (2673)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-04
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Panasonic Lumix DMC GH1, LUMIX G VARIO 1:4-5.8/14-140
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/100 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-05 12:55