Amorgos is the easternmost island of the Greek Cyclades island group, and the nearest island to the neighboring Dodecanese island group. Along with several neighboring islets, the largest of which is Nikouria Island, it comprises the municipality of Amorgos, which has a land area of 126.346ákm▓, and a population of 1,973 (2011 census).
The architecture of Amorgos is known for its rich diversity due to the numerous invasions that the island suffered throughout the ages. Chora is the only village that has kept its original Medieval character from the early Christian times whereas the entire island is a charming mixture of Byzantine, Venetian, Neoclassical and typical Cycladic architecture, characterized by its little round-roofed white houses with blue windows and doors.
- Copyright: Cem Canbay (canbayimages) (1754)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2000-01-01
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS 5 D Mark II, 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM, Kenko Circular Polarizer 82 mm
- Exposure: f/8, 1/80 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-07-22 6:13