Alferce, whose name derives from the Arabic word "al-faris" meaning "Knight" is a village in the municipality of Monchique and has 400 inhabitants.
Its origin dates back to the 13TH century, and the Arabs throughout the region that have left traces in the village.
Of their heritage is the very architecture of the village, the parish church and some wind and water mills
Algarve on a shoestring
http: youtu. beYLP6swFvLBs
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1295)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-02-22
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 18X F2,8 - F4,5, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/8, 1/680 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-04-17 0:57