ORTHODOXY OR DEATH (Ορθοδοξία η θάνατος)
The inscription on the flag that flies above the monastery of Esphigmenou.
The Monastery of Esphigmenou on Mt Athos has for decades opposed the Patriarchs of Constantinople, refusing to commemorate them in divine services. In justification for their decision they use the slogan 'Orthodoxia i Thanatos' - 'Orthodoxy or Death'. The Greek monks there accuse the Patriarchate of Constantinople of heresy, modernism, ecumenism and freemasonry.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) (4210)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-06-07
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony CyberShot DSC H50
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/4000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Mount Athos - Agion Oros [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-01-23 15:02