Between noon November 1 and noon of the next day, the dead come back to this world and spend time with their loved ones, who prepare special dishes and wait at their homes. At noon, November 2, they lead the dead back to the cemeteries, that have been cleaned and filled with flowers, where they feast and say good bye to those who have died... until next year.
That's the root of the Andean festivity of Todos santos. This photo was taken at the Tarata cemetery, a town in which many rituals and traditions are still practiced.
- Copyright: Daniel Moreno (dospordostres) (1164)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-11-02
- Categories: Festivals
- Camera: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-11-05 3:39