Bishnupur was ruled under the Gupta period by local Hindu kings who paid tribute to Samudra Gupta. The land is also called Mallabhum after the Malla rulers of this place. The Malla rulers were Vaishnavites and built many terracotta temples during the 17th and 18th century at this place. The terracotta temples here are the best specimen of the classical style of Bengal architecture.
This photo was taken in the evening when local people gather to perform prayer and Hindu rituals.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Anunay Nayak (Anunay) (6)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-03-03
- Categories: Daily Life, Ceremony, Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D3100, Nikkor 18 55mm
- Exposure: f/8, 15 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-03-19 22:34