Walking the Samaipata ruins I found this guy taking a rest in one of the viewing areas. It was a very quiet day, and I think some of that peacefulness is reflected in this image.
Samaipata is a beautiful small town 150 kms from Santa Cruz. The area was inhabited ling before the Spanish conquest, and it was a ritual site for ancient cultures. The archeological site is composed of a huge carved rock, where rituals took place using water as its main element, as well as the surrounding habitational complex.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Daniel Moreno (dospordostres) (1164)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-01-01
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, 18-55mm Canon, 58 mm Circ.polar + UV
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/60 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-03-22 16:54